Washing between the two parting section

C

crauther

Is there any need to wash the cornet with DM water after the first parting? The procedure we are following implement us to do wash with DM hot water and dry the cornet before the second parting with 3:2 nitric acid, but due to over workload we skip those step and carry forward with second parting.The only difference i noticed with the washed and dried cornet is that the visible bubbles, at the time of the second parting. Shall i need to wash and dry the cornet before the second parting?

fireguy

fireguy

Supermoderator
Is there any need to wash the cornet with DM water after the first parting? The procedure we are following implement us to do wash with DM hot water and dry the cornet before the second parting with 3:2 nitric acid, but due to over workload we skip those step and carry forward with second parting.The only difference i noticed with the washed and dried cornet is that the visible bubbles, at the time of the second parting. Shall i need to wash and dry the cornet before the second parting?
I would think there is more potential for negative results from a water rinse and dry between partings. Often times during drying you can start the annealing process, and this might keep the second parting step from proceeding properly.

I don't really see a problem (nor a benefit) from the water wash between, but would definitely not dry between.