AAnalyst 100

W

woualex

Hi,

I work in a chemistry lab and we have a super duper 25yo Perkin Elmer AAnalyst 100. Usually, it works just fine, but recently, it starts to give us some trouble. After making my standard curve, I tested some samples and they all gave me the same value. Then, I tried testing my blank and again, the same concentration. It's like the device was stuck to this value. I rebooted it and it was okay. So I was wondering if someone had the same issue.

It happens 3-4 times during the past 2-3 weeks. The burning system seems to work fine, I mean there's a change in the intensity of the flame while changing samples. The issue happens to 2 different user, dosing different metals but with the same cathode lamp.

Any ideas?

fireguy

fireguy

Supermoderator
woualex said:
Hi,

I work in a chemistry lab and we have a super duper 25yo Perkin Elmer AAnalyst 100. Usually, it works just fine, but recently, it starts to give us some trouble. After making my standard curve, I tested some samples and they all gave me the same value. Then, I tried testing my blank and again, the same concentration. It's like the device was stuck to this value. I rebooted it and it was okay. So I was wondering if someone had the same issue.

It happens 3-4 times during the past 2-3 weeks. The burning system seems to work fine, I mean there's a change in the intensity of the flame while changing samples. The issue happens to 2 different user, dosing different metals but with the same cathode lamp.

Any ideas?
I would suggest you contact your local Perkin Elmer service engineer and describe the problem. He may be able to identify the problem and suggest what part needs to be changed. If it needs a board replaced I believe that instrument has "user servicable" boards, and they can send you the part and you can replace it- saving the cost of a service call.

Let us know how it works out.