warm distilled/ room temp distilled water

C

crauther

Why is it said that to decant, wash with warm distilled water and dry the cornet after the first parting? What will happen if we use distilled water instead of warm distilled water?Is it fair to use annealing furnace in the place of hot plate to dry the cornet after the first parting?

fireguy

fireguy

Supermoderator
Why is it said that to decant, wash with warm distilled water and dry the cornet after the first parting? What will happen if we use distilled water instead of warm distilled water?Is it fair to use annealing furnace in the place of hot plate to dry the cornet after the first parting?
I can't think of a reason to rinse with warm distilled water rather than room temperature distilled water.

You will want to DRY your cornet well on the hot plate before putting into the annealing oven. The annealing oven is usually much too hot to dry without boiling and spitting.

C

crauther

I can't think of a reason to rinse with warm distilled water rather than room temperature distilled water.

You will want to DRY your cornet well on the hot plate before putting into the annealing oven. The annealing oven is usually much too hot to dry without boiling and spitting.
Thanks. One of my friend told me the light silvery appearance on the cornet after the annealing, second parting, is due to the incomplete parting. Is this argument is correct?

fireguy

fireguy

Supermoderator
Thanks. One of my friend told me the light silvery appearance on the cornet after the annealing, second parting, is due to the incomplete parting. Is this argument is correct?
That's hard to say. Run a bullion analysis with proof gold (9999 fine) which matches your sample and see if you come back with the correct result. If you have enough silver in your sample, and part until complete, you should not have a problem with retained silver.

K

KRowe

It is probably warm water to prevent fracturing your ceramic crucible from thermal shock.

KR