Gold Refining furnace for Gold Mine

C

Crucible2

We are looking for a reliable propane fired pouring furnace for the refining of gold. We have two of the really old "Wabi" propane furnaces that
should have been retired years ago. We've looked into electric "Inductotherm" type furnaces but they are too small for our requirements.
We are looking for a furnace capable of cascade pours of up to three 1000 troy ounces at time. Cost is not a big factor.
Any suggestions out there?

fireguy

fireguy

Supermoderator
We are looking for a reliable propane fired pouring furnace for the refining of gold. We have two of the really old "Wabi" propane furnaces that
should have been retired years ago. We've looked into electric "Inductotherm" type furnaces but they are too small for our requirements.
We are looking for a furnace capable of cascade pours of up to three 1000 troy ounces at time. Cost is not a big factor.
Any suggestions out there?
You might want to look at the furnaces that Kappes Cassiday in Nevada make:
https://www.kcareno.com/smelting-furnaces-scrubbers

Lots of fuel options, sizes, etc.

518ab3_0cc67b1d8e8d4b4f8ab40ec1e4e03bf7~mv2_d_4000_3000_s_4_2.webp

Last edited:
K

KRowe

I use an inductotherm furnace to pour as much as 5000 oz at a time. For one like mine, look for a furnace designed to hold a "morganite crucible" (silicon carbide) that has an aluminum capacity of 300 lb.

MC