Crucibles, how to make it???

E

eleazarjmp

Good morning, let me introduce myself my name is Eleazarjmp I am geochemist by profession and working in a fire assays lab, I am writing you because I have the following concerns ... I am researching about the process for making crucibles and cupels for fire assays, specifically applied to gold.

In my country (Venezuela) there is a gold mining industry that can process from 10,000 to 100,000 samples per month depending on the season and these tools are all made out.

In recent years, imports have declined to Venezuela for economic reasons. For this reason I am highly interested in producing crucibles and cupels in Venezuela and I would like to know details such as the manufacturing process.

I know its good reputation in this area and for this reason I dare to ask for help, I wonder if can advise me, because in internet there is little information I managed to get

I want to thank in advance all the support I can provide for my serious utility lot

Best regard

C

chrisrich

eleazarjmp said:
Good morning, let me introduce myself my name is Eleazarjmp I am geochemist by profession and working in a fire assays lab, I am writing you because I have the following concerns ... I am researching about the process for making crucibles and cupels for fire assays, specifically applied to gold.

Best regard
Why don't you get in touch with a company that specializes in making crucibles and ask them what their process is? They may be able to make crucibles that can handle the kind of volume of metal that you need to process as well. You could do a search on Google for mining industry suppliers and see what comes up. The company I work for sells jaw crushers but doesn't handle the melting of large volumes of metals. However I'm sure you can find what you're looking for by just searching more online.

E

eleazarjmp

chrisrich said:
eleazarjmp said:

Best regard
Why don't you get in touch with a company that specializes in making crucibles and ask them what their process is? They may be able to make crucibles that can handle the kind of volume of metal that you need to process as well. You could do a search on Google for mining industry suppliers and see what comes up. The company I work for sells jaw crushers but doesn't handle the melting of large volumes of metals. However I'm sure you can find what you're looking for by just searching more online.

Hi thanks .... but my problem is that exports to Venezuela are quite problematic at this time. For that reason we need to produce crucibles and cupels with ourselves. The prices charged by some companies to help us to produce are extremely high.

I think soon we will resolve this problem using electron microscopy in some samples and advice from some experts in ceramics.

Best regard

fireguy

fireguy

Supermoderator
eleazarjmp said:
Hi thanks .... but my problem is that exports to Venezuela are quite problematic at this time. For that reason we need to produce crucibles and cupels with ourselves. The prices charged by some companies to help us to produce are extremely high.

I think soon we will resolve this problem using electron microscopy in some samples and advice from some experts in ceramics.

Best regard
I would recommend you contact a ceramic engineer. Perhaps one associated with a University. You will need a source of quality fire clay for the crucibles and the proper grade of bone ash or magnesia for the cupels. While not terribly complicated, this is something that needs to be correct or your products will not function properly.